During the Sport, Health and Exercise Science course , offered by University of South Wales you will conduct supervised and independent research work at our Sports Park and at our state-of-the-art environmental, exercise physiology and body composition laboratories on Glyntaff campus.
The University of South Wales is 15th overall in the UK for world leading research in sports and exercise science – there is a strong research culture and our students are encouraged to engage with this from the beginning of their studies.
A higher level degree such as an MSc, MPhil or PhD is becoming increasingly essential if you want to pursue a professional and/or academic career in sport and exercise science or physical activity/nutrition related to public health.
Future employment opportunities include areas such as academia, professional sports clubs, the public/private health sector, sport national governing bodies, fitness industry, as well as supporting those of you already in employment such as teachers, community sport and health officers, as well as physical activity and fitness leaders.
Accreditation by both the NSCA and the UKSCA
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Exercise Physiology
- Research Project
- Research Methods
- Professional Work Based Development
- Strength and Conditioning (Sport Science Pathway)
- Movement Analysis (Sport Science Pathway)
- Nutrition for Health and Performance (Sport Science or Exercise and Health Pathway)
- Physical Activity and Health (Exercise and Health Pathway)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 301 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Usually an Honours degree at class 2:2 or above in a relevant science subject such as Sports Science, Biomedical Science or Physiology, although experience can sometimes be taken into account.
- Equivalent international qualifications are acceptable. Those without such qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior professional experience may be taken into account.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time UK and EU: £1000 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.