The Master of Science in Medical Dosimetry program consists of students from a number of undergraduate disciplines. Those who have graduated from professional undergraduate programs in radiation therapy meet all prerequisite requirements.
About the program
The Medical Dosimetry program at Grand Valley State University prepares students for the technical, theoretical, and psychological aspects of a career in the field. Medical dosimetrists are in high demand in hospitals and radiation treatment facilities and have many career options that include:
- Medical sales
- Patient care
- Technical training
Students study a variety of topics that include:
- Computer technology
- Clinical disease processes
- Human anatomy
- Radiation physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 35 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United States
- GVSU Graduate Application - students must apply to and be admitted to GVSU
- One to two page statement of professional goals
- Three recommendations (embedded within the graduate application)
- Official copies of ALL transcripts sent directly to the GVSU Admissions Office in Allendale.
- Resume - please list ALL health care experiences (volunteer, paid, job shadow) under one section of the resume and include leadership activities
- Statement describing how prerequisite courses not yet completed will be done PRIOR to entry in the program
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
National 740 $ / credit
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.