The Master of Teaching (Secondary) program from University of Queensland is designed for those with an approved undergraduate degree looking to qualify as a secondary school teacher. It aims to develop, educate and sustain teachers who can contribute innovatively and creatively to addressing the educational challenges of social, community and technological change. Plus it enables you to qualify as a secondary school teacher after two years of study.
You'll participate in practical, school-based learning that draws from the latest research into effective teaching methods, complete 75 days of supervised professional experience placements, and gain the skills and knowledge necessary for teaching to complement the expertise and experience gained in your first degree.
Graduates are eligible to apply for registration as a teacher in Queensland and work as a secondary school teacher in state and independent schools in Australia and worldwide.
- After just four semesters of study, have the confidence to step into the classroom and ignite the minds of the next generation.
- Learn from national and international award-winning lecturers who will teach you flexible and creative ways to cater for the diverse learning needs of children.
- Undertake 75 days of supervised classroom experience.
- Graduate from an accredited program with eligibility for teacher registration in Queensland and beyond.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Secondary school teacher
- Secondary school maths teacher
- Economics secondary school teacher
- Business secondary school teacher
- Secondary school music teacher
- Head of curriculum
Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Issues and Social Justice
- Literacy within and across the Curriculum
- Numeracy Across the Curriculum
- Contemporary Theories of Development and Learning
- Indigenous Knowledge and Education
- Teachers as Educational Innovators and Agents of Change
- Building Professional Knowledge
- Building Inclusive Secondary Classrooms
- Assessment for Learning and Teaching
- Developing Professional Practice
- Teachers as Researchers
- Achieving Professional Engagement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 126 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
CRICOS code: 094715J
- An approved bachelor degree with a minimum GPA 4.5 from an approved tertiary institution that meets the requirements for two teaching areas of the secondary curriculum in Australian schools.
- Students will be required to submit a statement addressing non-academic criteria. Please refer to the School of Education website for further information on entry requirements and becoming a teacher.
International30304 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30304 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6684 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6684 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.