The Data Science program offered by University of Queensland is the most comprehensive data science program in Australia, combining high-level analytical and technical skills with industry-specific knowledge and essential professional attributes.
It's also one of the few programs in the world to offer you a cross-disciplinary education with direct industry contact and practical experience in the exciting field of data science.
You'll study advanced topics from computing, statistics and mathematics, and your choice of electives from business, finance, health or science. Across the program, you'll learn how to make informed decisions in data-intensive environments.
You'll use relevant big data tools and technologies and develop essential knowledge about the ethical use of data, legal considerations, communication and more. In your final year, you'll also complete projects relevant to industry.
- Benefit from the most comprehensive data science program in Australia.
- Study advanced topics from computing, statistics and mathematics.
- Learn how to make informed decisions in data-intensive environments.
- Graduate with a combination of high-level technical skills and a capacity for creative and disruptive thinking.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Market researcher
- Data scientist
- Risk analyst
- Supply chain analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Data miner
- Big data engineer
- Portfolio manager
- Actuarial and analytics consultant
- Systems software engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Responsible Data Science
- Data Analytics at Scale
- Statistical Methods for Data Science
- Data Science Capstone Project
- Machine Learning
- Database Principles
- Advanced Database Systems
- Applied Probability & Statistics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 69 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Australia
CRICOS CODE : 092453J
- Degree equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree in Mathematics or Statistics or Computing or related discipline, with significant studies in mathematics, statistics and computing and a GPA of at least 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
- Related disciplines include but are not limited to Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Actuarial Studies.
International45120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45120 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National40030 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40030 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.