UQ’s School of Education has been preparing teachers for the world’s classrooms, industry, media and community leadership for more than 70 years, with programs and academics that lead the field.
This one year full-time (or part-time equivalent) program prepares you for a variety of employment opportunities in educational environments.
Specialise in one of 7 fields of study: Behaviour Management; Curriculum; Guidance, Counselling and Careers; Leadership; Psychology Education; Science of Learning or Supporting Diverse Learners. Depending on your area of specialisation (and which of over 50 courses you select), you can choose to complete all aspects of a practicum that focuses on advanced research and teaching interests.
Program highlights after the Educational Studies program offered at the University of Queensland
- Strengthen your leadership expertise in educational practice, policy and theory.
- Obtain the knowledge and skills required for specialised fields of work.
- Gain qualifications that enhance career advancement and options.
- Improve your research skills by engaging in an extended research-based project.
- Behaviour Management
- Guidance, Counselling and Careers
- Psychology Education
- Science of Learning
- Supporting Diverse Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 27 other Masters in Special Education in Australia
CRICOS code: 090307B
- Approved bachelor honours degree in the same discipline with a GPA of 4; or
- Approved degree in the same discipline and 2 years full-time relevant work experience.
- Same discipline is defined as a degree in education.
- Relevant work experience is defined as significant and substantive experience in education contexts such as schools, service delivery agencies, government agencies or alternative education settings working with children, adolescents or adults with roles and responsibilities such as, teaching, program/curriculum development, assessment, educational leadership, administration, youth support, allied health, and sport sciences.
International30976 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30976 AUD per year during 12 months.
National23970 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23970 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.