Intensive weekend and evening sessions focus on:
- Differential and integral calculus, numerical algorithms related to calculus and implementation of these algorithms using graphing calculators and web-based software;
- Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry using software packages that emphasize content connected to the high school curriculum;
- Discrete mathematical structures with an emphasis on logic, proof and mathematical reasoning;
- Probability and statistics with an introduction to combinatorics;
- History of elementary number theory, algebra and geometry;
- Topics in abstract algebra that relate to high school courses in algebra, geometry and trigonometry;
- Differential equations and advanced linear algebra; and
- Topics in real analysis with an emphasis on improving calculus instruction.
- Probability and statistics
- Advanced linear algebra
- Topics in calculus and differential equations
- History of mathematics through problem solving
- Multivariable calculus
- Differential equations
- Discrete mathematics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesMathematics Teaching Actuarial Science View 2012 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completed Application and Fee: Apply online and submit a $40 application fee.
- Official Transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or supervisors.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Two years of successful teaching, pupil personnel work or other appropriate work experience.
International22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.