The mission of the School of Nursing (SON) of Western Kentucky University is to produce culturally sensitive nurses for an increasingly global society at the associate, baccalaureate and graduate levels and to provide continuing education opportunities for life long learning to our constituents.
- Family Nurse Practitioner (MSNP)
- Nurse Administrator (MSNA)
- Nurse Educator (MSNE)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (MSNS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Physiological and Pathophysiological Concepts
- Nursing, Politics and Health Policy
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Theoretical Foundations of Professional Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment Clinical
- Transition to Advanced Nursing Practice
- Advanced Issues in Professional Nursing
- Practice Management for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Graduate Nursing Research
- Research Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 686 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Earned BSN degree from nationally accredited nursing program
- Hold unencumbered RN licensure at the time of application, and must be licensed in the state where clinical experiences will be completed
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA between 2.75-2.99 in the BSN degree, will be considered for admission provided they have at least a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of the BSN degree; and have a satisfactory review of additional required admission materials (goal statement, resume, references); plus a positive interview. Admission if approved will be on a probationary status requiring that the student earn a minimum grade of B in each course in the first 12 hours of the program.
- Psychiatric NP applicants must document at least one year of RN experience in a psychiatric mental health nursing before the start of clinical course in the program.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.