The Accountancy program offered by Western Kentucky University provides a graduate-level curriculum to accommodate the growing body of knowledge in accounting and equips accounting students with additional skills and competencies. Graduates are prepared to research various databases related to accounting topics, exercise judgment in making accounting-related decisions, and effectively communicate the results of the research and analysis. Teaching methods vary with a mix of lectures, case studies, special projects, and research activities. In addition to completing the 30 hours of coursework, each student is encouraged to participate in a professional certification review program.
Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP)
This degree offers a Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) which provides academically outstanding students the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree in approximately five years. Contact the graduate program coordinator for additional information.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Advanced Accounting Information Systems Control and Audit
- Special Topics in Managerial Accounting
- Special Topics in Tax Research and Planning
- Advanced Auditing Standards, Applications and Fraud
- Special Topics in Accounting for Not-For-Profit Organizations and Governments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 562 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- An application to Graduate School.
- Official transcript(s) of all college work attempted indicating the applicant has received an undergraduate degree in accounting from an accredited college or university with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.25 (4.0 scale) for the terms in which the student completed the last sixty (60) hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score report with a minimum score of 500.
- A grade of a "C" or better in all undergraduate accounting courses.
- International students must submit transcript evaluations on a course level basis prepared by WES or similar organization. (The Kentucky State Board of Accountancy requires course credits to be certified by the Foreign Academics Credentialing Service or another credentialing agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.).
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.