Graduates enter the nano-engineering industry and entrepreneurship directly, or further pursue PhD with a strong education background.
Students with relevant undergraduate degree on materials, chemistry, physics, biology, geology, and other science and engineering disciplines may apply for this program which promotes interdisciplinary education.
This Materials Science and Engineering - Nanomaterials and Nanoengineering 12-month course-based program from the University of Wisconsin Madison helps students to build a comprehensive fundamental and applied knowledge base for nanomaterials processing, characterization, and nanodevice development.
Is this program for you?
The demand for engineers who specialize in nanotechnology and nanoengineering is growing rapidly.
The Nanomaterials and Nanoengineering - Materials Science and Engineering program from the University of Wisconsin Madison provides students with the opportunity to build a comprehensive fundamental and applied knowledge base for nanomaterials processing, characterization, and nanodevice development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials Science
- Materials Research Seminar
- Thin-Film Deposition Processes
- Crystallography and X-Ray Diffraction
- Electronic, Optical, and Magnetic Properties of Materials
- Advanced Polymer Materials
- Thermodynamics of Solids
- Properties of Solid Surfaces
- Advanced Materials Science: Phase Transformations
- Structure and Properties of Advanced Electronic Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 226 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Applicants normally are expected to have a B.S. in the physical sciences or engineering. Undergraduate studies normally would include mathematics through differential equations, at least one year each of general physics and chemistry, a course in physical chemistry or modern physics, and an elementary course in properties of materials.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 is required.
- Non-native English speakers must have a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score above graduate school minimum
International25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25526 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25526 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12200 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.