The required core sequence of Rice University's Master of Architecture program includes courses in four areas: design studio, history/theory, technology, and practice. Each area provokes the others in a deliberate feedback loop. The collective conversation that characterizes Rice Architecture – in our studios, our seminars, our juries, our lectures, our hallways – is where we synthesize these threads.
Our core courses in design, history/theory, technology, and practice focus attention on key topics within architecture: form, program, materials, technology. The core also establishes a shared set of references – significant historical and contemporary. We also offer a broad selection of electives within the architecture school and across the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural problems
- History and theory - pre 1890
- History and theory - 1890-1968
- Core design studio
- Design thesis studio
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 345 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- General GRE scores (use the code 6609 for Rice; do not worry about a department code)
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 42 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 42 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.