The world’s financial markets are demanding greater corporate transparency and higher quality financial reporting. As a result, there is a need for highly educated accounting professionals with critical thinking skills and integrity. Come be a part of it!
The Accounting program at Rice University trains future leaders in the accounting profession in critical and analytical thinking, objectivity, a global perspective, an ethical mindset, exemplary oral and written communication skills, and data analysis. We embrace students who possess the ability to synthesize ideas across different disciplinary areas. Students from any undergraduate major can be a great fit for the MAcc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in financial reporting
- Financial statement analysis and valuation
- Fair value accounting
- Accounting control systems
- Accounting information systems
- Federal taxation
- Accounting theory
- Business law for accountants
- Financial futures and options
- Economic environment of business
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 585 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- General GRE scores (use the code 6609 for Rice; do not worry about a department code)
International55625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55625 USD per year during 10 months.
National55625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55625 USD per year during 10 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.