At the Robert Gordon University studying the MA Fine Art provides a tailored learning environment that encourages and supports your creative development, independence in creativity, imagination and ideas. You will gain an understanding of new interdisciplinary practices, conceptual skills and of the debates informing Art & Design practices.
The course is suitable if you have an undergraduate honours degree in Fine Art, Painting, Printmaking, Contemporary Art Practice or Photography, or if you want to develop your career and specialist academic knowledge in these disciplines based on prior professional experience.
The MA Programme is designed to support you in further developing your subject-specific disciplinary expertise and skill sets to pursue a career in the creative and cultural sectors.
On completion of the Fine Art pathway, you will have the experience to pursue a career as a professional artist or to work within a related role within the creative industries.
Previous graduates have gone on to exhibit regularly, work within the cultural sector as curators or have made significant career changes and/or progression within respective Further Education and Higher Education teaching sectors.
- Critical Contextual Studies and Research Methods
- Personal Development and Professional Networks
- Applied Practice in Communication Design
- Applied Practice in Curatorial Studies
- Applied Practice in Fashion & Textiles
- Applied Practice in Fine Art
- Applied Practice in Jewellery
- Applied Practice in Product Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Deadlines are agreed for individual courses. Make sure you apply in time to be sure of your chance of a place.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 225 other Masters in Art History in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or above in a relevant subject.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and/or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
International15320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15320 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part Time: £2,750 per year
Rest of UK and EU
- Full Time: £6,920
- Part Time: £3,460 per year
- Part Time: £7,660 per year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.