At the Robert Gordon University studying the MA Fine Art provides a tailored learning environment that encourages and supports your creative development, independence in creativity, imagination and ideas. You will gain an understanding of new interdisciplinary practices, conceptual skills and of the debates informing Art & Design practices.
The course is suitable if you have an undergraduate honours degree in Fine Art, Painting, Printmaking, Contemporary Art Practice or Photography, or if you want to develop your career and specialist academic knowledge in these disciplines based on prior professional experience.
The MA Programme is designed to support you in further developing your subject-specific disciplinary expertise and skill sets to pursue a career in the creative and cultural sectors.
On completion of the Fine Art pathway, you will have the experience to pursue a career as a professional artist or to work within a related role within the creative industries.
Previous graduates have gone on to exhibit regularly, work within the cultural sector as curators or have made significant career changes and/or progression within respective Further Education and Higher Education teaching sectors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical Contextual Studies and Research Methods
- Personal Development and Professional Networks
- Applied Practice in Communication Design
- Applied Practice in Curatorial Studies
- Applied Practice in Fashion & Textiles
- Applied Practice in Fine Art
- Applied Practice in Jewellery
- Applied Practice in Product Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 381 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or above in a relevant subject.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and/or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
International15320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15320 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £3,460 per academic year
- £7,660 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.