The Historic Preservation field recognizes enduring values and meanings embodied in the relationships between people and places, heritage and culture, local stories and national narratives. Our program prepares you to work effectively to secure valued places for the future and lead and support diverse communities and various peoples for whom architectural design, sense of place, historical events, and cultural practice have come to matter and to plan for long-term stewardship.
Whether you're interested in buildings or landscapes, deep rural places or the hearts of cities, the broad-based educational objectives of our program will prepare you to work for the sustainable longevity of the places that you care about.
Specifically designed for working professionals, our program's limited-residency format allows you to work and live anywhere while completing your degree. Courses are conducted online during traditional fall and spring semesters with a two-week on-campus residency during the summer.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction Pt I. Fundamental Concepts In Heritage Preservation
- Introduction Pt Ii. Policy And Practice In American Historic Preservation
- Historic Property Documentation
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 493 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application
- Send official sealed transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Send a minimum of two letters of recommendation completed by people who know you well enough to give an informed opinion of your intellectual ability, capacity for sustained self-directed study, personal qualifications, and professional potential.
- Complete the essay answering program-specific questions. Please review program-specific essay requirements below.
- International students must also follow the international student admissions processes.
International867 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 867 USD per credit and a duration of .
National867 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 867 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.