Population growth, both globally and within the UK, will continue to put pressure on all elements of the agri-food supply chain. A fully coordinated approach directed towards food safety, security, quality and sustainability is needed.
Why study this course with us?
This Food Science and Innovation Management programme offered by the University of Chester has the objective of creating innovative food products while ensuring that they are safe, wholesome and nutritious. Our MSc in Food Science and Innovation integrates the key elements required to address the future needs of industry and the global population.
The course is of benefit to individuals looking to enhance careers in the many areas of the food supply chain. It will be of particular benefit to individuals with an interest in areas such as new product development, food processing and manufacturing and the food service industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MSc course is built upon a programme of research and development that has been established at the University to support the food and drink sectors.
- The course is designed around a series of three-module specialist Postgraduate Certificates, which allow credit accumulation towards Postgraduate Diploma and full MSc awards.
- Modules include a wide range of specialities that have been created in close communication with the food and drink industry.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInnovation Management Food Sciences View 145 other Masters in Innovation Management in United Kingdom
- Generally a 2:1 or a 2:2 honours degree with significant industry experience (two to three years) in any of the following: Food Science; Biochemistry; Nutrition; Biology (with a strong Biochemistry component).
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5940 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5940 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The University of Chester offers generous international and merit-based scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate study, providing a significant reduction to the published headline tuition fees. You will automatically be considered for these scholarships when submitting an application and any award given will be shown on your offer letter.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.