The Master of Accountancy (iMSA) offered by Coursera in partnership with the University of Illinois is intentionally flexible to address the needs of today’s students: whether they seek to begin their career as an accountant, become a CPA, improve their standing in the accounting field and become a CFO, or want to leverage analytical skills in their existing non-accounting career.
The accounting industry is undergoing rapid change. New accountants need to become proficient in leading analytical techniques and tools; programming in Python and R, data mining, statistical analysis and regression. All of this on top of a traditional accounting education.
The iMSA meets these needs with instruction from some of the very best accounting faculty in the world. Graduates from our program are in high-demand because they possess the most sought-after skills. Our alumni have gone on to become world-renowned founders of businesses, CEOs, CFOs, accounting firm partners, entrepreneurs, and other business leaders.
Graduates earn the same degree as on-campus MSA students:
- 75% First-time CPA pass rate
- #1 Accounting faculty according to BYU Accounting Faculty Research Rankings
As one of the largest suppliers of leaders in the accounting profession, our graduates include legions of accounting firm partners, CFOs, entrepreneurs, and other business leaders.
- Accounting Analysis
- Managerial Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Taxation of Business Entities
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting Forensic Accounting View 223 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree in any academic discipline from an accredited institution in the United States, or the international equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum academic background in business, with one course in business management and at least one in principles of accounting or financial accounting.
- The recommended undergraduate GPA is 3.0/4.0, or the US equivalent, from the final two years of undergraduate study.
- Academic credentials (Uploaded credentials must include applicant’s name, institution name, and a transcript legend, grade scale, or grade criteria)
- A resume
- A personal statement/essay
- 2 letters of reference are required. At least one letter should be a professional reference from a current or former supervisor.
International13789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20684 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National13789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20684 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
$20,684 – $27,200 USD total cost
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.