Become an analytics-minded professional with a fully online master’s from a top-ranked accountancy powerhouse.
The University of Illinois’ Gies College of Business, consistently ranked among the nation's top three accounting programs, is a revered destination for accounting education globally.
This Master of Accountancy (iMSA) offered by Coursera in partnership with the University of Illinois is intentionally flexible to address the needs of today’s students: whether they seek to begin their career as an accountant, become a CPA, improve their standing in the accounting field and become a CFO, or want to leverage analytical skills in their existing non-accounting career.
The accounting industry is undergoing rapid change. New accountants need to become proficient in leading analytical techniques and tools; programming in Python and R, data mining, statistical analysis and regression. All of this on top of a traditional accounting education.
The iMSA meets these needs with instruction from some of the very best accounting faculty in the world. Graduates from our program are in high-demand because they possess the most sought-after skills. Our alumni have gone on to become world-renowned founders of businesses, CEOs, CFOs, accounting firm partners, entrepreneurs, and other business leaders.
The iMSA is flexibly designed to meet the needs of the modern day student; whether you want to transition into accounting, sit for the CPA exam, become a CFO, or apply leading analytics skills into your existing career.
As one of the largest suppliers of leaders in the accounting profession, our graduates include legions of accounting firm partners, CFOs, entrepreneurs, and other business leaders.
This MS in Accounting will enable you to gain a competitive advantage in the job market. Future employers search for candidates who excelled in studies and also possess important non-technical professional business skills. The iMSA team designs impactful opportunities for students to develop technical and non-technical skills needed to prosper in the industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Analysis
- Managerial Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting Forensic Accounting View 150 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree in any academic discipline from an accredited institution in the United States, or the international equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum academic background in business, with one course in business management and at least one in principles of accounting or financial accounting.
- GMAT or GRE scores are required, but may be waived.
- A graduate degree from an accredited institution, or
- Via an iMSA faculty and administrator assessments of completed coursework performance. You must complete two 4-credit hour courses within the iMSA program as a non-degree student before application or admission to the degree program.
- All applicants whose native language is not English must take the Internet-Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
International13709 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20564 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
National13709 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20564 USD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
$20,564 – $27,200 depending on elective course choices.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.