With actual production experience and an impressive portfolio to tout, at Technical Direction from University of North Carolina School of the Arts you’ll be able to hit the ground running in your career as a Technical Director.
Nearly all of UNCSA’s graduates find careers in their chosen profession. You will find alumni of the graduate Technical Direction program doing precisely what they had hoped for – serving as a theatrical Technical Director, building scenery for network and cable television, working on sets for cruise ships, and constructing scenery for theater and dance companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Technical Graphics
- Graduate Technical Direction
- Theatrical Structures and Stage Dynamics
- Graduate Welding and Metalworking
- Advanced Computer Techniques
- Graduate Theatrical Rigging
- Graduate Shop Practice and Technique
- Managing Production and Budgeting Processes
- Motion Control
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 314 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Intent
- A copy of your current passport
- If you hold an F-1 Visa, submit a copy of your visa and Form I-20
- Complete a Certificate of Financial Responsibility
- Portfolio - Draftings, technical drawings, production photographs, construction detail photographs (if available), any documentation supporting your organizational and technical skills, and some examples of the quality of your craftsmanship.
International23203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23203 USD per year during 36 months.
National23203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23203 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9196 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.