Scene Design from University of North Carolina School of the Arts focuses on the foundations of scene design. Classes will include scenic rendering, model building and scene painting. Graduate-level courses will cover the principles of scene design, emphasizing the various stage spaces, research techniques, visual presentation, and integration with costumes and lighting.
Graduates of the Scene Design program go on to start careers in their chosen profession. They have become scenic designers for productions across the country ranging from Broadway, regional theatre, dance, opera, film, television and themed entertainment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scenic Rendering
- Scene Painting
- Model Building
- Advanced Drafting
- Studio: Architecture
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 722 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have completed an undergraduate degree or be scheduled for completion of a degree prior to the upcoming Fall semester.
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Intent
- A copy of your current passport
- If you hold an F-1 Visa, submit a copy of your visa and Form I-20
- Complete a Certificate of Financial Responsibility
- Portfolio - Sketchbooks and preliminary sketches (we are interested in your process), renderings, models or photographs of models, drawings, photographs of realized designs and their related materials-drafting, paint elevations, prop drawings, and other non-theatrical artwork demonstrating your visual expression and the exploration of ideas.
International23203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23203 USD per year during 36 months.
National23203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23203 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State9196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9196 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.