In the course of completing a Communication and Education degree at Teachers College at Columbia University, the student should expect to attend closely to both technical artifacts and human activity; that is, both to material systems of communication in which technologies are the primary interest and to interpersonal, direct communication dynamics in which unmediated exchanges, face-to-face, are the subject of inquiry.
- A major theme for continuous reflection should be the diverse ways in which the modes of communication condition the meanings actually, and potentially, communicated—particularly through the wide variety of digital means available to us.
- Cognition and Computers
- Social and Communicative Aspects of ICTs
- Equity, Ethics and Social Issues
- Technology and Culture
- Culture, Media & Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Communication Studies View 3217 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Degree Application, including Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Transcripts and/or Course-by-Course Evaluations for all Undergraduate/Graduate Coursework Completed
- Results from an accepted English Proficiency Exam (if applicable)
- $65 Application Fee
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
International57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
National57390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.