With an ever-expanding reliance on digital technology in many people's professional and personal lives, there is a sharp increase in the risk of cyberattacks on personal information, financial security, and physical safety. Skilled cyber security professionals are in demand now, more than ever before, to prevent the catastrophic damages that can be caused by cyber threats and cyber terrorism.
The course work in the MPS in Homeland Security - Cyber Threat Analytics and Prevention option at Pennsylvania State University can help you acquire a broad base of knowledge relevant to the current policies and programs of the homeland security administration. It can further provide you with a focus on preventing cyberattacks and understanding cyber laws, as well as addressing network vulnerabilities, system threats, and cyber terrorism.
Learning outcomesWith this curriculum, you can build on your expertise in these key areas:
- social and ethical issues relating to homeland security
- domestic and global views of violence and terrorism
- data collection and analysis
- security and privacy in the digital age
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Network and Predictive Analytics for Socio-Technical Systems
- Crisis, Disaster, and Risk Management
- Web Security and Privacy
- Data Mining
- Intelligence Analysis, Cultural Geography, and Homeland Security
- Large-Scale Database and Warehouse
- Data Collection and Cleaning
- Computer and Cyber Forensics
- Network Management and Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 149 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required
- English Proficiency
- References (3)
- Résumé — Upload your résumé to the online application.
- Statement of Purpose — A statement of no more than 500 words explaining to the admissions committee how your professional experience and goals relate to the program to which you are applying.
International31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.