Learn how to make informed, data-driven business decisions with Penn State's 30-credit online Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics - Business Analytics at Pennsylvania State University. As a student in this data analytics degree program, you can acquire the business intelligence training needed to work in positions such as business analyst, analytic system designer, or data scientist. Learn how to apply big data analytics, data mining techniques, and predictive analytics to meet your organization’s business objectives and leverage competitive advantage.
The focus of the business analytics degree curriculum is to explore and analyze big data to support data-driven business decisions through the complete spectrum of analytics activities: descriptive (what happened), diagnostic (why it happened), predictive (what will happen), and prescriptive (what should happen). In addition to learning how to use optimization and forecasting techniques, you can take data management courses, and learn about data mining for business intelligence.
- You can gain a practical skill set to perform tasks in various areas of business, such as marketing, supply chains, operations, forensics, and risk.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Predictive Analytics for Business
- Analytics Programming in Python Implementing Analytics for Business
- Technical Project Management
- Applied Time Series Analysis
- Principles of Demography
- Data Collection and Cleaning
- Data, GIS, and Applied Demography
- Business Strategies for Data Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data Software Engineering View 151 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — Postsecondary (undergraduate), junior/senior (last two years) GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale is required.
- GMAT or GRE
- English Proficiency
- Statement of Purpose — You should submit a personal statement not to exceed two single-spaced pages, which should describe your specific career goals and objectives, prior experience relevant to the decision to pursue an advanced degree, and other information that may be useful to the admissions committee. Upload to the online application.
- Vita or Résumé — A listing of your professional experience. Upload to the online application.
International31380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1046 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1046 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.