The Digital Media, Communication and Journalism - Risk Communication and Crisis Journalism programme of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki combines the methodical engagement with the rich theoretical and case study research literature with a hands-on coverage of current crises and emergencies, the pathway explores the best practices in dealing with peace and war, environment, science, and public health, through strategic communication and crisis management methods to confront disinformation and hate speech.
- Awareness of the significance of risk communication in contemporary global society
- Ability to match appropriate form of risk communication to type of risk
- Appreciation of the challenges and parameters of independent reporting in the diverse field of risk/crisis journalism
- Acquisition of key investigative, analytical and reporting skills regarding the covering of crises/risks/emergencies issues from an independent, scrupulous and socially responsible point of view
- Risk Communication
- Risk Communication and advertising
- Securitization of migration in Europe and the role of the media
- Reporting War & Crises
- Mass Communication and Public Health
- Environmental Journalism
- Peace Journalism
- Communication Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods in Communication
- Dissertation Research & Writing Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 4 other Masters in Journalism in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a Greek or a foreign university or advanced technological educational institution, at a 2.1 level
- equivalent grade (eg. B, very good, etc) in one of the following disciplines Journalism, Communication, Advertising Marketing, Political, Social and Cultural Studies, Economics, Comparative, European and International Studies, History, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, Archeology, History of Arts and Foreign Languages.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Thessaloníki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.