The food and drink sector is the largest manufacturing sector in the UK delivering 18% of the UK's total output by value.
This Food Processing Engineering (with Advanced Practice) course at Teesside University is suitable if you are a recent graduate or in employment and wanting to qualify to MSc level. The blended learning approach means that employers looking to upskill and retain their best employees can do so with minimum time off work.
There are three routes you can select from to gain a postgraduate Master’s award:
- MSc Food Processing Engineering – one year full time
- MSc Food Processing Engineering – two years part time
- MSc Food Processing Engineering (with Advanced Practice) – two years full time
Graduates can seek jobs in many areas in the food sector including
- food analysis
- new product development
- quality management and food safety management
- food production management
- technical management.
- Advanced Practice in Sciences
- Food Chemistry Composition and Analysis
- Food Manufacturing Engineering
- Food Product Design and Manufacturing Process Development
- Food Safety Engineering and Management
- Research Project
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences View 749 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- You are normally expected to have at least a UK 2.2 honours degree (or equivalent) in a subject related to science, engineering or technology. If your first degree is not in one of the subject areas listed please check with our admissions team if it is acceptable.
- Students with a degree awarded outside the UK must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
- Non-EU international students who need a student visa to study in the UK should check our web pages on UKVI-compliant English language requirements. The University also provides pre-sessional English language courses if you do not meet the minimum English language requirement.
International9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 20 months.
National4770 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4770 GBP per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.