The Master of Science in Industrial Design at METU Middle East Technical University is intended for applicants who wish to pursue academic careers in industrial design, and for those who wish to develop design-related research and organizational skills for their professional career.
In addition to industrial design graduates, the program welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and disciplines, such as:
- fields of design
- fields of engineering
- social sciences.
Graduates of other disciplines are required to follow a deficiency program, which involves undergraduate courses through which they develop an understanding of the industrial design activity, including the terminology, techniques, and communication skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Industrial Design
- Advanced Project Development in Industrial Design
- M.S. Thesis NC
- Graduate Seminars in Industrial Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- ALES valid score type is equal weight, GRE valid score type is quantitative.
- Two (2) reference letters
- Letter of intention (included on the online form)
- Candidates submit their CV at the interview.
- 50% ALES + 10% B.S. CGPA + 20% (CV + Portfolio + Interview + Reference letters) + 5% Letter of intention + 15% Written exam
- Candidates with any Bachelor Degree may apply. Portfolio is optional for candidates who do not have a degree in Industrial Design.
- 50% ALES + 5% CGPA of last degree + 20% (CV + Interview + Reference letters) + 10% Letter of intention + 15% Written exam
International222 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 111 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National38 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 835 TL/Semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.