The Athletic Training program of University of Evansville is two years in length and open to students who do not possess a bachelor’s degree in athletic training. It includes didactic course work, clinical skill development, and practical experience. Students obtain clinical hours in professional athletics, Division I and Division II intercollegiate athletics, high school athletics, as well as hospitals and physical therapy clinics. Students may also conduct research in the Dunigan Movement Analysis Lab and use an interdisciplinary approach in evidence-based practices. UE's program maintains small student-to-preceptor and student-to-faculty ratios.
UE MS in Athletic Training Program Adds Another Immersive Clinical Site
Students in the University of Evansville Master of Science in Athletic Training Program may have clinical rotations with the University of Florida starting in Fall 2020. Read more about this new clinical partnership. This is in addition to clinical sites at Northwestern University, Vanderbilt University, Western Kentucky University, and FC Dallas. Read more about these immersive experiences.
The University of Evansville has one of approximately 130 CAATE-accredited professional-level master’s programs in the country. UE is one of three institutions in the nation that has concurrently running accredited professional athletic training programs at the bachelor’s and master’s level.
- Psychological Interventions in Athletic Health Care or AT 575
- Evaluation of the Upper Body
- Graduate Clinical Level II
- General Medical and Pharmacology
- Applied Human Anatomy
- Evaluation of the Lower Extremity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling admission
- Priority deadline is January 1
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 574 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- In final year of undergraduate education or graduated with bachelor’s degree2
- Application VERIFIED on ATCAS
- Priority deadline is January 1 at 12:00 p.m. CST for on-campus interviews in mid-January.
- Rolling admission as enrollment dictates after priority deadline. Interviews as dictated by enrollment after January.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher (if cumulative GPA is less than 3.000, GRE scores are strongly recommended)
- REQUIRED coursework completed in the following (C or better)3
- Anatomy & Physiology + Lab
- Chemistry + Lab
- Physics + Lab
- Exercise Physiology
International8400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 560 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 560 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Evansville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.