The Master in Food Sciences for Innovation and Authenticity at Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is a joint initiative with the Universities of Parma and Udine, known worldwide for their excellence in higher education in the field of food sciences.
The course aims at training professionals who are able to work confidently in areas of food sciences, such as technology, engineering, microbiology, chemistry and sustainability.
After the first year, you can choose among five different profiles:
- Applied Engineering and Genetics;
- Food Quality and Management;
- Nutrition Sciences;
- Food Chemistry;
- Food Packaging.
The latter two learning tracks are offered in partnership, respectively, with the University College Cork, Ireland, and the Technical University of Munich, Germany. Students will have the opportunity to spend up to two semesters in one of these European partner institutions.
The programme is supported by industries belonging to AssoImprenditori Alto Adige - sezione Alimentari - and Südtiroler Bauernbund - Unione Agricoltori e Coltivatori Diretti Sudtirolesi.
This partnership will allow students to write their research thesis with joint tutorship from both the university and the food industry. Participating companies are: Assolatte, Barilla, Consorzio Gorgonzola, Consorzio Grana Padano, Consorzio Parmigiano Reggiano, Consorzio Prosciutto di San Daniele, Consorzio Montasio, Consorzio Tutela Speck Alto Adige, Despar, Dr. Schär, Forst, Loacker, Mila, Pan, Unione Parmense degli Industriali, VOG Products and Zuegg.
Graduates of the programme are placed in companies in the food industry, and specialise in research and development; food processing; product design and development; management and control of food processing; food automation technology; the development of methods to guarantee food authenticity; quality control; and the development of innovative processes to enhance the nutritional value of foods and the sustainability of the food chain.The course provides students with the tools to pursue a career as a consultant or to work in managerial roles, mainly in the food industries, and in companies that link the food supply chain, from manufacturing to storage and distribution, including large-scale retailers, and public and private centres dedicated to planning, managing and improving processes. Our graduates design and innovate all food processes and products to guarantee and enhance the sensory, nutritional and sustainable quality of the food chain.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Innovation and Authenticity in Food Processing
- Fermentations as Tools for Making Traditional and Innovative Foods and Beverages
- Environmental Chemistry Towards Food Processing
- Food Value Chain Management
- Reaction Kinetics in Food Processing
- Food Chemistry
- Starter and Functional Microbes for Innovation, Authenticity and Healthy Status
- The Natural Microbial Starters for Innovation and Authenticity
- The Food – Human Axis for Driving the Gut Microbiome
- Informatics for Big Data
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesChemistry Innovation Management Food Sciences View 4 other Masters in Chemistry in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In order to gain admission to this programme you need one of the following qualifications:
- a bachelor degree in one of the following Italian degree classes: Agriculture and Forestry or the corresponding class Food Sciences or the correspondingAnimal Production Sciences and Technologies or the corresponding
- the previous career must have covered at least 30 ECTS credits in one or more of the following scientific sectors: Mathematical Logic; Algebra; Geometry; Mathematics Education and History of Mathematics; Mathematical Analysis, Probability and Statistics; Mathematical Physics; Numerical Analysis; Operations Research
International1348 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1348 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1348 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1348 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.