You can complete the entire MACS program entirely online from wherever God has called you. You can also supplement online courses with 3 or 5 day intensives at one of our campuses.
All 66 books of the Bible
A 2-year MA at DTS offers more Bible and theology than a 3-year MDiv at most seminaries, including all 66 books (even Nahum) and an entire course on the Trinity.
Focused on theological depth and practical application
The Christian Studies program of Dallas Theological Seminary have a common core of Bible and theology coursework, and the MACS also has free electives you can direct toward your area of interest or calling.
The program leading to the Master of Arts degree with a major in Christian Studies (MACS) is designed to provide a graduate-level biblical and theological foundation for various kinds of Christian service. This degree is designed primarily for lay leaders who desire training for more effective ministry within their church or organization. The MACS may also provide supplemental training for those engaged in parachurch ministries or those in support positions with missions agencies or churches. Those who are seeking full preparation for vocational ministry should apply for admission to one of the professional degree programs.
The MACS is offered in English, Chinese, and Spanish with some customized requirements. The program can be completed entirely online in English. Most of the courses in the Chinese-language MACS can be completed online, but some will need to be completed in residential (majority face-to-face) format in Dallas, Houston, or Hong Kong.
All students in the MACS program will be able to:
- demonstrate a general knowledge of the Bible, including a synthetic understanding of the major books;
- evidence an understanding of the historical development of theology, a knowledge of premillennial theology, and an ability to support their theological views and apply them to contemporary issues;
- communicate biblical and theological knowledge to a contemporary audience;
- evidence an increasing likeness to Christ as manifested in love for God, love for others, and the fruit of the Spirit;
- evidence an interest and involvement in the local church or other ministries with which they are associated; and
- minister within a local church or other group by means of leadership skills, evangelism, and service.
In addition, to the above goals, students in the Chinese-language version of the MACS will also be able to:
- design an effective strategy for Chinese ministry and
- communicate biblical and theological knowledge to a contemporary Chinese audience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bible Study Methods and Hern-.eneutics
- Old Testament History
- OT History II & Poetry
- OT Prophets
- The Gospels
- Acts & Pauline Epistles
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChristian Studies View 42 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Application
- Collect college transcripts and references from church and others
- Committee Evaluation
- You show evidence of saving faith in Jesus Christ in your application testimony, and you adhere to the 7 core doctrines
- Your references speak to your character and dependence on the Holy Spirit for life and work
- You are endowed with appropriate spiritual gifts and involved in Christian ministry
- Previous education has prepared you for graduate theological education
International595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 24 months.
National595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.