Invited candidates are strongly advised to audition in person in order to receive the best consideration for Teaching Assistantship awards. Following the live audition, every MM candidate must attend an interview with members of the performance faculty.
The curriculum encompasses many of the important components necessary for a career in the music profession; whether in performance, academia, or both. The Frost School of Music prides itself in being an institution that honors the traditional values of learning while incorporating the necessary curricular requirements that present-day performers and teachers must have, and that will prepare students for further study at the doctoral level.
The faculty of the Keyboard Performance department at University of Miami is composed of world-class artists/teachers who are dedicated to the principle that the individuality and talent of every student must be recognized, respected, and nurtured, for these qualities form the essence of successful careers in music.
The mission of the Master of Music degree in Keyboard Performance is to:
- Provide students the highest quality of education available in the areas of piano performance and musicianship that will provide the foundation for continued academic work, and which could also lead toward a professional performance career as a classical pianist.
- To stimulate the student's awareness and artistic creativity in the field of piano performance
- To provide students public performance performance opportunities in a supportive and encouraging environment
- To provide students performance skills necessary for graduate degree auditions and national/international piano competitions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Keyboard Pedagogy
- Intermediate to Advanced Repertoire
- Keyboard Pedagogy: Keyboard Pedagogy Diagnostics
- Keyboard Pedagogy: Practice Strategies
- The Teaching Artist
- Arts Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 968 other Masters in Music in United States
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.