This Health Professional Education program from James Cook University is for you if you're already a health professional and you aspire to make a difference in healthcare as a health professional educator or educational researcher. It focuses on teaching and learning in health contexts, and includes completion of projects in health professional education.
You'll gain a sound theoretical foundation and learn practical teaching skills required to teach and supervise students in the health professions, along with educational research competencies. JCU aims to provide you with the skills required to be a leader in your field. You'll experience:
- Online curriculum, so you can continue to work while you study
- Recognition for achieving a degree from a university that is a recognised leader in rural and remote health, tropical medicine and health in Australia and the wider Asia-Pacific region
- The opportunity to learn from JCU's highly-qualified staff
- Extensive support throughout your studies
- Opportunities to benefit from JCU's research partnerships and networks with Australian Indigenous, rural and remote communities and international organisations.
You’ll have an advantage after completing this JCU Master’s degree as you will have formal qualifications as a teacher, educator and leader in HPE as well as in your clinical discipline, while other clinical teachers only have registered qualifications in their clinical discipline.
This qualification will lead you to interesting and very rewarding career options. That's because the growing number of students in all health professions means that clinical teachers are required for a wide variety of clinical settings including urban and rural hospitals, general practices, and community clinics.
As a clinical educator, you could also teach post-registration health professionals, such as GP registrars and hospital residents.
- Teaching for Learning in the Health Professions
- Strategies for Clinical Teaching
- Innovative Teaching in the Health Professions
- Health Professional Education using Action Research
- Assessment and Evaluation in Health Professional Education
- Curriculum Design and Renewal in Health Professional Education
- Leadership in Health Professional Education
- Research Project
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 120 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
- Registration as a nurse, doctor of medicine or other health professional in Australia; or
- Completion of an appropriate AQF Level 7 Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline with 2 years relevant experience or equivalent.
International29400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29400 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
The JCU Access Fund could be the answer if money problems stand between you and a higher education at James Cook University (JCU). Your financial circumstances are taken into consideration when awarding these scholarships and bursaries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!