Marketing is all about satisfying customer needs and it'll open the doors to a huge range of careers – from advertising and brand management through to strategic planning and product development.
Marketing is essential for attracting customers to purchase a company's products or services. It helps to create strong, unique brands that will stand out from their competitors in the crowded global marketplace.
Marketing is far more than just selling or advertising – ultimately, it is marketing that decides what products and services an organisation will offer, to which customers, at what price, using which channels.
In first year you'll take part in a Marketing Tradeshow where you'll put theory into practice. In this fun assignment, you'll work in a team to develop an innovative idea for a new product or service based around a theme, such as tourism, board games, chocolate or sports. Your team will conduct customer research and plan a full marketing mix strategy, including product / packaging design, promotion, price and place of distribution. You'll be encouraged to dress up in costumes on the night, with prizes awarded for best stand, best costumes, and best overall product.
At the University of Waikato you'll also have the opportunity to study specialist areas of marketing such as digital marketing, brand management, marketing research, consumer and buyer behaviour, services marketing, and business development and sales.
- Advertising account executive
- Marketing/sales manager
- Brand and campaign manager
- Content marketing writer
- Digital marketing specialist
- Market researcher
- Business development manager
- Customer relationship manager
- Developments in Marketing Strategy
- Advanced Advertising Strategy
- International Marketing
- Service Marketing
- Report of an Investigation
- Research Methods in Management Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 18 other Masters in Marketing in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required.
International34085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34085 USD per year during 12 months.
National12518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12518 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.