Through the Theological Studies program at the Calvin Theological Seminary you will discover the depths of the Old and New Testaments, Greek language, Christian theology, and apologetics.
Residential students can complete their studies in two years at the Grand Rapids campus. They will be able to attend weekly chapels, participate in club activities, and interact with peers on a daily basis.
The three-year distance learning MTS maintains the same high quality of education as our residential program. Taking approximately three courses per semester, distance learning students engage in a hybrid model of learning, completing much of their work online and traveling to campus twice a year for five-day intensives.
A Developmental Curriculum
- The Master of Theological Studies (MTS) is a flexible academic program designed to prepare you for further academic study or other careers that can be enriched by a strong theological education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biblical Interpretation for Ministry
- Greek Fundamentals
- Biblical Hebrew
- Old Testament Narrative Literature
- The Psalms and Wisdom Literature
- The Church in Historical Context
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 579 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Typically a bachelors degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution and have a grade point average of 2.67 (B-) or higher is required. Due to special circumstances, an applicant without a bachelor's degree may be considered, as is allowed by the Association of Theological Schools.
- A strong liberal arts education provides an excellent foundation for graduate level theological education. A liberal arts education shapes well-rounded, intellectually and culturally astute graduates.
- Therefore, it is recommended that a candidate’s baccalaureate preparation consist of courses in the liberal arts, including English, philosophy, history, literature, social science and natural science.
International16705 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 514 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16705 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 514 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Grand Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.