The Mathematics Education programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong takes full advantage of collaboration between two academic units on the same campus, and targets potential and practising mathematics teachers in Hong Kong primary and secondary schools.
It is a two-year course offered by the Faculty of Education in association with the Department of Mathematics.
Students at Mathematics Education programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- gain knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge.
- have an interest in both mathematics and the teaching profession who wish to pursue further studies.
- Teaching and Learning Mathematics in the Changing Curriculum
- Mathematics Curriculum and Assessment Under Educational Reform
- Researching Action in Mathematics Teaching
- Project and Research Report: Mathematics Education
- Independent Study in Mathematics Education
- Advanced Mathematics
- Differential Equation and Linear Algebra
- Finite Mathematics and Mathematical Programming
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 14 other Masters in Teaching in Hong Kong (SAR)
- hold a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or related areas at second class honours level or above from a recognized university;
- have teaching experience and/or hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or equivalent; and
- pass an entrance examination or interview conducted by the Graduate Division of Education.
International14784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14784 USD per year during 24 months.
National14784 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14784 USD per year during 24 months.
HK$116,000 by 4 installments
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.