You will gain the knowledge and practical experience to walk into your first day of teaching with the confidence of a seasoned professional. This is an innovative, accelerated degree developed in partnership with the NSW Department of Education and local primary school networks.
It comprises core education courses, discipline-specific curriculum and pedagogic studies in the six key primary school subject areas and a minimum of 65 days supervised professional experience, including a graduate teacher performance assessment. There is an additional 90 days of practical in-class experience. You’ll be based in primary schools for two days a week for the first year, working with primary age students and taught by experienced primary teachers as well as University staff.
Why choose this Teaching (Primary) program from University of New South Wales?
As a graduate of this degree you’ll gain accreditation with NSW Education Standards Authority and be eligible to work as a primary school teacher around Australia and the world.
Who should choose this degree?
This degree is for aspiring primary school teachers wanting to accelerate their postgraduate studies and have the confidence to succeed from their first day in charge of a classroom.
- Necessary knowledge and practical experience for teaching
- Social and Political Contexts of Education
- Creating Engaging Learning Environments
- Addressing Special Needs
- Child Development: Psychological & Social Perspectives
- Professional Experience
- Mathematics (Years K-2)
- Mathematics (3-6)
- English (K-2)
- 19 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 123 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
CRICOS Code: 099104G
- A recognised three year Bachelor's degree with a major, consisting of at least six units of undergraduate study with no more than two at first year and at least two at third year, in one key learning area, and at least two units of study in one or more other key learning areas. Entry into the Master of Teaching (Primary) requires a WAM of 60 or higher.
International56830 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 56830 AUD per year and a duration of 19 months.
National9848 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9848 AUD per year and a duration of 19 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.