Graduates in the Health Services Research and Policy program at the University of Pittsburgh will be prepared to conduct research on policy issues affecting the organization, financing, and delivery of health care and public health services.
The field of public health is constantly evolving in response to the needs of communities and populations around the world. The underlying mission of public health is to improve the conditions and behaviors that affect health so that all people can attain it.
That mission includes not only the practice of public health policy, but the research of public health issues and the education of future leaders who eventually will translate that research into practices and policies to improve the health of people regionally, nationally, and globally.
- Policy analyst
- Government (local, state, national)
- Policy positions with non-profit organizations
- Academia (project coordinator)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Health Policy And Management In Public Health
- Policy And Decision Making For Public Health Emergencies And Bioterrorism
- Comparative Global Health Systems And Policy
- Current Issues In Health Law
- Organization Studies: Theory And Applications To Health Care Systems
- Financial Management Foundations Health Care And Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 794 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Applications for admission to the Department of Health Policy and Management are processed through the Office of Student Affairs at Pitt Public Health.
- Please note, SOPHAS submits applications to Pitt Public Health only after all required materials are received. Applicants who have submitted applications may track their status online.
- In addition, all applicants are required to submit both the general statement and objectives requested in the application and may submit an optional writing sample. Interviews are typically required as part of the application review process.
International46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State27590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.