Discover your Bioinformatics and Systems Biology programme
The Bioinformatics and Systems Biology programme of the University of Amsterdam teaches you to combine molecular and cell biology, computer science and mathematical modelling to integrate vast amounts of biological data into a fundamental understanding of life at the molecular level.
During the programme, you will develop skills in scientific research and a high level of abstraction and quantitative thinking. You will learn to apply and combine rapid developments in different research fields and obtain an interdisciplinary mind-set with many transferrable skills.
The Master’s is a two-year programme taught in English. The programme offers two thematic specialisations:
- Systems Biology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithms in Sequence Analysis
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics for Translational
- Basic Models of Biological Networks
- Systems Biology in Practice
- Statistics with R
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Machine Learning View 21 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programme in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology welcomes students with a bachelor background in chemistry, biology, informatics, mathematics, physics or any other Bachelor's degree that relates to one of the before mentioned disciplines.
- Applications will be reviewed by the exam committee for students with backgrounds that are not considered evidently suitable.
International15110 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15110 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.