This collaboration allows you to benefit from a range of data science perspectives and applications, allowing you to tailor the course to match your own career ambitions.
There is an increasing demand for people who can manage and control the way data is used. These individuals require an understanding of computer science and mathematics, as well as a familiarity with the data needs and processes of a number of different areas, including healthcare, business, government and the environment.
The Data Science and Analytics course from University of Leeds offers you the opportunity to develop a range of relevant skills including:
- analysing structured and unstructured data
- analysing large datasets
- critically evaluating results in context
- getting insights from data
The emerging era of ‘big data’ brought about by the digital technology revolution shows no signs of abating. With the modern world producing ever-growing amounts of new information, data scientists will become increasingly important to help governments, businesses, researchers, NGOs and many other organisations make sense of it all.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Science
- Learning Skills through Case Studies
- Dissertation in Data Science and Analytics
- Information Visualization
- Bio-Inspired Computing
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 321 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
This is an extremely popular MSc. To be considered you will need:
- A bachelor degree with at least 2:1 (hons) in a subject containing a substantial mathematical, statistical and/or computing component.
- All your key modules should also have strong grades (none below 2:2 UK equivalent). Please check your marks using international equivalent qualifications. We will ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.