About Apologetics at the Houston Baptist University
The Apologetics program at the Houston Baptist University is intended to provide students with interdisciplinary training in apologetics so that they understand and engage with contemporary worldviews and culture in order to transform the world for Christ, as academics, as apologists, and as followers of Christ.
HBU’s MA in Apologetics is set apart from other apologetics programs by its interdisciplinary nature and its engagement with culture, and the arts and humanities. Furthermore, the program includes a strong component of coursework in writing and communication in apologetics, designed to help students achieve excellence in writing, speaking, and other forms of apologetics engagement. The degree includes a thesis option, which is ideal for students who wish to pursue further work at the doctoral level.
Advantages and Opportunities
Students in the MA in Apologetics program will benefit from small classes with faculty committed to excellence in both teaching and scholarship. The faculty include nationally and internationally known public intellectuals with terminal degrees from universities such as Baylor University, the University of Notre Dame, the University of St. Andrews, Northwestern University, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Apologetics Research & Writing
- Apologetics Communication
- Philosophy of Religion: Faith and Reason
- "Mere Christian" Theology & Apologetics Implications
- Scripture & Apologetics Implications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International student application deadline is at least two months prior to the stated deadlines above.
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 665 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Houston Baptist University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Show proof of sufficient English skills
- TOEFL, IELTS, SAT and/or ACT scores, OR
- Completion of two (2) classes of collegiate English taken in the United States
- Certificate of completion from Language Consultants International (ESL program)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent at an accredited institution of higher education whose instruction is conducted in English.
International12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.