Our program supports a culture of caring that includes a strong commitment to equity across the academic, career, personal, and social domains defined by the National Standards for School Counseling.
Emphasis is placed on social justice, mindfulness, creativity, excellence and community involvement with community action research components embedded throughout the coursework. Candidates are trained as advocates, as well as collaborators with families, other educators, and the global community. Through this program, candidates will increase their capacity for critical thinking and self-reflection. They will develop the courage and skills to challenge biases and stereotypes, to appreciate diversity, and become transformative leaders in schools and communities.
To provide maximum convenience and flexibility, the program is available at several locations throughout California, including La Verne, Bakersfield, Burbank, College of the Canyons, Irvine, Oxnard, and Victorville.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Educational Psychology
- Human Development
- Educational Assessment
- Methods of Research
- School Guidance Seminar
- Career Development
- School Safety & Crisis Prevention
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Facilitating/Consultation Skills
- Organizational Management and School/Community Collaboration
- Supervised Field Work-Level I
- Supervised Field Work-Level II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
- Completed application with non-refundable application fee. Fees submitted from outside the United States must be in international money orders written in US dollars (please ensure the applicant’s name is included on the money order).
- Statement of Purpose: Provide approximately a 200 word essay outlining goals for graduate study.
International750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.