Our program supports a culture of caring that includes a strong commitment to equity across the academic, career, personal, and social domains defined by the National Standards for School Counseling.
The University of La Verne’s Educational Counseling's emphasis is placed on social justice, mindfulness, creativity, excellence and community involvement with community action research components embedded throughout the coursework. Candidates are trained as advocates, as well as collaborators with families, other educators, and the global community. Through this program, candidates will increase their capacity for critical thinking and self-reflection. They will develop the courage and skills to challenge biases and stereotypes, to appreciate diversity, and become transformative leaders in schools and communities.
To provide maximum convenience and flexibility, the program is available at several locations throughout California, including La Verne, Bakersfield, Burbank, College of the Canyons, Irvine, Oxnard, and Victorville.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Psychology
- Human Development
- Educational Assessment
- Methods of Research
- School Guidance Seminar
- Career Development
- School Safety & Crisis Prevention
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Facilitating/Consultation Skills
- Organizational Management and School/Community Collaboration
- Supervised Field Work-Level I
- Supervised Field Work-Level II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 3593 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Doctoral programs may also require a master’s degree.) Students whose degrees were completed at foreign universities must submit notarized translations into English where appropriate. Such students may be required to have their degrees evaluated by a La Verne-approved evaluation service to determine equivalency to a bachelor’s degree from the United States. There is a fee for this service.
- A preferred GPA of 2.5 or above for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study, and a GPA of 3.0 for any graduate work.
- Letters of recommendation attesting to academic/professional competency.
- Demonstrated ability to write at an acceptable level for graduate study.
International700 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
National700 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for La Verne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.