Future managers must have the capacity to be team players, to motivate and lead others, to communicate and negotiate effectively, and possess excellent interpersonal skills. The MSc in Marketing Practice helps to nurture these skills.
The original learning technique, called “Action Learning”, is the winning premise of the course whereby students fundamentally learn through doing. In undergraduate degrees you learn about management, here you learn to manage.
The MSc Marketing Practice course from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School operates all year round as a professional marketing services provider known commercially as the Marketing Development Programme.
The practical experience gained on this course is like no other, as students, referred to as “Marketing Advisors”, work closely with companies, ranging from start-ups and non-profits, to multinational organisations.
For graduates leaving the programme, brand management has been a popular career path. However, many graduates have gone into other careers, such as market research and consultancy.
Potential careers for our graduates include:
- Marketing and Events Executive
- Brand Executive
- Corporate Account Executive
- Customer Intelligence
- Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Media Associate
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Developing and Communicating Customer Value Proposition
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Account Management: Selling and Relationship Skills
- Digital Marketing
- Applied Marketing Projects
- Professional Development
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Marketing View 45 other Masters in Marketing in Ireland
- Candidates must have an honours degree in Business or another discipline.
- The three-stage interview process comprises one individual and one group interview as well as a general intelligence assessment.
- A short statement (300 words) entitled "Why I should be accepted on the MSc Marketing Practice Degree" should also be submitted.
- Acceptance is subject to demonstration of an aptitude in marketing.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.