Improving Learning, Education And Training
You will learn by means of state-of-the-art methods and approaches in several different contexts; from a classroom setting to the non-profit and commercial sectors, and with a focus on people in all phases of life.
This means that the person doing the learning may be a pupil, student or employee, but also a lecturer, educator or trainer, depending on the context. During the study programme, you will learn to optimise learning environments so that they meet the needs of the learners themselves and of society as a whole.
During the Educational Sciences programme at Utrecht University you will master an academic educational scientific and systematic approach. You will acquire and further develop theoretical knowledge of:
- instruction design, including
- educational psychology
- assessment and evaluation
- change management in organisations
- professional development and Human Resource Development (HRD)
- research methods and skills
What can you expect?
- Focus on learning and learning environments
- Training on how to conduct research
- Strong link between theory and practice
- Multidisciplinary, international orientation
- Ties to societal issues and involvement from professional practice
- Specialisation through electives
Your chances of finding a job as an education scientist are extremely good. On average, our graduates only spend three months looking for a job, and more than 90% are employed (Studiegids 123), almost all of whom are employed at the higher professional education level or higher.
Education scientists work everywhere that people learn, and they occupy a variety of positions, such as:
- Teaching resources developer
- E-learning developer
- Trainer in the non-profit and commercial sectors
- Change management consultant
- Education innovation policy assistant
- Educational science researcher
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instructional Design and Evaluation
- Learning in Organizations: Professional Learning
- Academic Professional Educational Sciences
- Educational Design & Consultancy
- Research Plan Master's Thesis Educational Sciences
- Master Internship Educational Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 36 other Masters in Education in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An academic Bachelor’s degree. Our International Students Admission’s office will verify whether a non-Dutch academic degree is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree at a Dutch research university. All international Bachelor’s degrees are evaluated based on standards set by the NUFFIC.
- If your degree is assessed as less than equivalent to a 3-year Dutch research University degree, or as a bachelor from a university of applied sciences, you are most likely not eligible for admission.
- Sufficient command of the English language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17280 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17280 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Dutch and other EU/EEA students part-time fee: € 1,927
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.