We offer a master degree in Sound Design at California Institute of the Arts CalArts. Coursework includes creative listening, mixing and programming, music for themed entertainment, and strategic approaches to sound environments.
- By the end of their studies, students will have a solid command of the sound design process, including developing a conceptual approach, executing drafting and paperwork, and mounting aesthetically sophisticated designs.
- All coursework is designed to help each student find a distinct, original, and personal voice, defining their unique aesthetic, as evidenced in production work and an outstanding portfolio.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to CalArts' rich and diverse community and naturally collaborative atmosphere, the Institute provides several programs of study that can be pursued concurrently with a student's chosen metier.
- The Integrated Media concentration is designed specifically for MFA students whose creative use of technology—in particular digital media—goes beyond their primary areas of study.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 265 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Credentials, diplomas and certificates of secondary-school and college-level work must be presented in English translation. International students applying to MFA programs must submit evidence of receipt of an undergraduate degree or its equivalent.
- The records must clearly state the date of completion (or the anticipated date of completion) and the level of education received with notations as to the number of hours attended per week and the total number of weeks completed.
- Scan and upload copies of transcripts for all institutions attended. In the online application, you will be prompted to upload a PDF of your scanned documents. Please upload both the front and back sides of the transcript, even if the back side is blank.
International52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52850 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National52850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52850 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.