The Master of Social Work (MSW) will prepare students for both generalist and specialized practice with client systems across varying contexts and problems. The program is guided by the social work ethical principles of service, respect for human dignity, social and economic justice, and to address the needs of vulnerable and diverse populations. Grounded in the liberal arts, the program is guided by the profession’s commitment to social justice and the university’s Catholic Intellectual Tradition of academic excellence through social responsibility, service to others, and scientific inquiry.
Programme StructureProgram SpecializationsDirect Clinical PracticeDirect Clinical Practice focuses on practice with individuals, couples, families, and small groups utilizing a variety of principles for assessment and intervention including psychosocial and human development theories, psychopathology, and environmental factors. Jobs as a clinical social worker include counseling, psychotherapy, social work in health care and mental health settings.Direct Community PracticeDirect Community Practice focuses on practice with larger client systems including large groups, organizations, and communities utilizing human behavior with specific focus on organizational and community theories and frameworks as well as leadership and management. Jobs in this practice area include administration, community assessment and organizing, as well as policy advocacy and development.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- A completed online graduate admissions application
- Non-refundable application fee
- A signed Agent/Educational Consultant Release Form for Sacred Heart University
- Completed course-by-course academic credential report such as WES, ECE, FIS, or any of the credential evaluation services approved by NACES
- Professional resume detailing the applicant's academic achievements and employment history
- One page personal statement discussing the applicant's reasons for pursuing the degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- A bank statement
- Refer to the specific graduate program for any additional admission requirements specific to your program.
International22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11250 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.