In the Physician Assistant program at Sacred Heart University, you will also:
- Learn from world-class physicians, physician assistants and other healthcare professionals in state-of-the-art medical facilities and in a variety of clinical settings
- Benefit from a student-centered learning environment, in small classes taught by experienced PA educators
- Enjoy an innovative curriculum that includes specific courses offered in a hybrid online/on-campus format
- Gain hands-on clinical experience starting your first year
- Focus on primary care and population health and wellness through a patient-centric approach
- Study in SHU’s patient assessment suites, with state-of-the-art technology and clinical simulators such as Harvey, a cardiopulmonary patient simulator that provides high-fidelity heart and lung sounds
- Self-assess and develop ways to improve your clinical acumen through clinical simulation and recordings of your practice scenario experiences
- Complete supervised clinical rotation experiences at various SHU affiliated sites
- Work collaboratively as a member of an interprofessional team
- Have the opportunity to join the Master in Physician Assistant Studies club
- Become proficient in PA profession competencies as defined by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Medical Science
- Mental/Behavioral Health
- Principles of Medicine
- Patient Assessment & Clinical Reasoning
- Diagnostic medicine
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Didactic Year | 65 Credits
- Clinical Phase | 58 Credits
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 763 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Application through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- Three letters of reference, including at least one letter from a work supervisor.
- Personal Statement (on CASPA)
- Official College Transcripts (sent to CASPA)
- Supplemental SHU Essay Questions completion (on CASPA)
- Successful interview, by invitation only.
- Must meet all SHU MPAS Program Technical Standards
- Completion of criminal background check is required prior to starting the PA program.
- Completion of required SHU MPAS Health & Immunization clearance.
- If selected to join SHU's PA Program, a candidate is required to provide proof of paid patient care hours to Graduate Admissions.
International29000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per semester during 27 months.
National29000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per semester during 27 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.