Students collaborate with community members and other professionals to create and evaluate health promotion and disease prevention programs. The curriculum includes a practice immersion and a capstone project that emphasize case findings, health education, and disease prevention.
The Master of Public Health curriculum from La Salle University is designed to ensure that upon graduation students have attained knowledge in the broad field of public health. MPH students complete their public health practice hours in communities identified as medically underserved or vulnerable.
Students bring the knowledge, skills, and attitudes gained in core and cross-cutting competency, elective, practice, and capstone courses to the practice site that meet the public health needs of communities.
Upon completion of the MPH Program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply epidemiological methods to the breadth of settings and situations in public health practice
- Select quantitative and qualitative data collection methods appropriate for a given public health context
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data using biostatistics, informatics, computer-based programming and software, as appropriate
- Interpret results of data analysis for public health research, policy or practice
- Compare the organization, structure and function of health care, public health and regulatory systems across national and international settings
- Discuss the means by which structural bias, social inequities and racism undermine health and create challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community and societal levels
- Assess population needs, assets and capacities that affect communities’ health
- Apply awareness of cultural values and practices to the design or implementation of public health policies or programs
- Design a population-based policy, program, project or intervention
- Explain basic principles and tools of budget and resource management
- Select methods to evaluate public health programs
- Discuss multiple dimensions of the policy-making process, including the roles of ethics and evidence
- Propose strategies to identify stakeholders and build coalitions and partnerships for influencing public health outcomes
- GIS Applications for Public Health
- Environmental Health
- Public Health Ethics, Leadership and Management
- Global Health
- Urban Men's Health
- Public Health, Aids, and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 1580 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official transcript evidence of successful academic achievement in completing baccalaureate, master’s, and/or doctoral degrees
- Students with an undergraduate or graduate GPA of less than 3.0 may be provisionally accepted and may take up to two courses.
- Students who are provisionally accepted must achieve a B or better in each of their first two MPH courses in order to be considered for formal acceptance.
- A current Curriculum Vitae/resume.
- A Personal Statement addressing your reasons for wanting to enroll in the MPH program and your career plans upon completion of the program at La Salle School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Two letters of reference: One from a professor (academic reference). One from a supervisor.
- Complete and submit La Salle University’s electronic application
- Complete, or have completed, an introductory statistics course
- Criminal and child abuse clearances; FBI background check
- Proof of current immunization/titers
International21360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 890 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 890 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.