The skills obtained at the History (Specialized Option) program offered by the California State University Sacramento are valuable in many professions, especially to students interested in pursuing graduate study culminating in the doctorate in History, experienced teachers of history in public schools, students who wish to teach in California Community Colleges, and to students seeking employment in archival management, oral history, consulting, and public sector historical research.
- California State University, Sacramento is well situated to offer rich historical resources in several fields of study. The California State Archives, the California State Library and the Sacramento Archives and Museum Collection Center offer unique opportunities for the study of Western and California History.
- The presence of many state and community agencies dealing with historic preservation offers possibilities for stimulating internships, and the history graduate program is also able to draw upon rich materials in a number of areas of United States, European, and world history located in the Sacramento State Library.
- History and Theory
- Interpreting World History
- Interpreting U.S. History
- Research and Writing in US History
- Research and Writing in the History of the American West
- Research and Writing in World History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 257 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- a baccalaureate degree;
- an undergraduate major in History, OR a minimum of 27 semester units in History, or a closely related field, approved by the Graduate Coordinator. Fifteen of the units must be upper division and include one seminar from the HIST 192 series (or equivalent) and one seminar from HIST 197 series (or equivalent); and
- a minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 units attempted and a minimum 3.25 GPA in History courses.
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.