Although the Psychology (General Psychology) program offered by the California State University Sacramento is based on a core set of requirements, the structure of the program allows for flexibility.
- While much material is covered in regular course offerings, the Department recognizes that specialized study and the development of certain types of skills must take place on a one-to-one student-instructor basis.
- This includes research activities in the laboratory, field, or library; teaching activities; and volunteer work in community mental health agencies, government agencies, schools, and/or businesses. Academic credit under individualized study or fieldwork designations is available for these purposes.
- Seminar in Systems of Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Seminar in Social Psychology
- Developmental Processes
- Advanced Psychopathology
- Advanced Topics in Statistical Methods for Psychological Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 1229 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- a completed application form;
- one set of unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, including Sacramento State transcripts;
- unofficial copies of the General GRE scores;
- three letters of recommendation, from individuals who can evaluate the applicant's potential for successful graduate study. At least two letters from faculty are preferred.
- additional materials, as required by each specific option (General MA, ABA and I/O).
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.