The Biological Science (Stem Cell) degree offered by the California State University Sacramento allows students to upgrade their qualifications for educational advancement to doctoral programs or for professional advancement in teaching, laboratory work, or fieldwork.
- The MA degree requires the completion of a project which is a Grant Proposal, unless the student is in the Stem Cell Concentration which requires an Internship Project Report.
- The MS degree requires completion of a thesis which has concentrations in Ecology, Evolution and Conservation and in Molecular and Cellular Biology so as to provide advanced training and research experience in these fields.
- Cell and Molecular Methods and Techniques
- Molecular Biology
- Stem Cell Biology and Manufacturing Practices
- Development and Regenerative Medicine
- Research Conference
- Seminar in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 1258 other Masters in Biology in United States
- a baccalaureate degree;
- completion of a major in biological sciences or closely related field; or completion of 24 units of upper division biological sciences courses or courses in closely related fields, each of which must be passed with a "C-" or better;
- a minimum GPA of 2.75 in all biology courses and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in upper division biology courses;
- GRE General Test scores (note: the GRE is not required for the Stem Cell Program);
- a faculty member who has agreed to serve as their graduate advisor;
- two letters of recommendation from persons qualified to judge the applicant's potential for successful graduate study; and
- a statement of purpose.
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.