The Early Childhood Education program from Jackson State University is recognized for its excellence in teaching, research, and service. Many graduates are consultants, principals, college professors, and state department employees. The department has one of the highest enrollments at Jackson State University which is attributed to its active community involvement, personal approach to instruction, and advising.
Students admitted to other degree programs within the College of Education and Human Development, who desire to teach in elementary or secondary schools, are also enrolled in the courses provided by EECE. Students gain advanced knowledge in learning theories, educational standards, goals and objectives, cultural influences concerning learning, curriculum design, and implementation.
- Parenting Roles in Early Childhood Education
- Literacy Development and the Young Child
- Principles of Child Development in Early Years
- Methods and Materials in Early Childhood Education
- Assessing the Young Child
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 3375 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission. Click here to access the Graduate School Application.
- Out-of-state and International applicants must submit a $25.00 application fee. Applications will not be processed without payment of the application fee. Payment is made by using a credit/debit card at the time of application. Application payments are processed as part of the application.
- A satisfactory TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score
International6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
National6520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3260 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State5520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2760 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Jackson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.