Mathematics Education from Salisbury University curriculum at SU follows the major principles of mathematics. Most recent offerings have looked at the four major K-12 mathematical strands (algebra, geometry, number theory and data analysis) through the lens of the Common Core State Standards.
Graduates with Mathematics Education from Salisbury University will:
- Know how to implement effective strategies based on scholarly research, students’ learning needs and the instructional context
- apply theory and research to instructional practices
- use technology tools to expand traditional understandings and methods for collaborating
- enhance their content, curriculum, pedagogical content knowledge in the area of geometry, algebra, statistics and data analysis, and number theory
- apply the knowledge of human development and cultural context to the planning, instruction and assessment of all learners, incorporating cultural and other diversities within classroom instruction
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Middle School Mathematics in a Teaching Context with Instructional Technology
- Mathematics Connections for Secondary School Teachers High School Track
- Abstract Algebra
- History of Mathematics
- Aligning Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- Teaching Literacy in the Content Areas
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Spring Priority Deadline: October 1st
- Fall Priority Deadline: August 15th
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 3231 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should currently hold valid teaching certification or be working toward teaching certification through another program.
- A statement of your career goals and two to three paragraphs outlining your reasons for pursuing graduate study in mathematics education.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a Graduate Application
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Submit Residency Documentation
- English Proficiency
International12309 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 746 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12309 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 746 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 412 USD per credit during 24 months.
Graduate Non-Resident Regional Hagerstown 496 USD
Living costs for Salisbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.