Clinical trials in humans (volunteers and patients) are required before marketing approval by regulatory authorities such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
At the University of North Texas Health Science Center we offer a master degree in Clinical Research Management. The law that governs clinical research is spelled out in Chapter 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). In addition to requiring and legislating clinical trials, regulatory authorities define the standards by which clinical trials are to be conducted. These standards are known as Good Clinical Practices (GCPs).
In depth knowledge of the CFR and GCP guidelines as well as international guidelines specifically as they relate to protection of human rights, prevention and detection of fraud and the use of sound scientific principles, is a fundamental requirement for clinical research professionals. These individuals are key personnel involved in the conduct of clinical trials which, in turn, are pivotal in getting new products approved and on the market.
What can I do with a graduate degree in Clinical Research Management?
- Well-trained clinical research professionals are in high demand.
- The tremendous increase in medical technology and information in the last decade has resulted in an explosion of potential new drugs, devices and biologics that must be tested before being released for use by the public.
- The profession is constantly challenged to improve and streamline the clinical research programs in order to shorten the development timelines and control the cost for new product development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The master’s program in Clinical Research Management provides a strong foundation upon which to build or advance a career.
- The rigorous curriculum focuses on providing students a broad-based view of the biomedical sciences, as well as in depth knowledge of regulatory requirements (CFR, GCP), ethical issues, and both the medical writing and administrative skills necessary to conduct clinical research.
- As part of the program, all students will complete an internship practicum in clinical studies and use this experience to write the internship practicum report pursuant to receiving the Master of Science (MS) degree. The average time to complete the degree is eighteen months with full-time enrollment.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management View 1537 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The admissions committee will review all applicants for acceptance into the MS program in Clinical Research Management. A student must have a bachelor’s degree and must meet the general admission requirements as described in the catalog in effect at the time of application.
- The student will be assigned a major professor and an advisory committee consisting of the major professor and and an advisory committee consisting of the mentor and two other graduate faculty members. The names of these individuals will be filed on the designation of advisory committee form with the GSBS Office of Student Services. A degree plan must also be filed at this time.
- After the course work has been completed, the student will enroll in Internship Practicum (BMSC 5697). The student will complete a six-month unpaid internship at a site previously approved by the graduate school. The student is responsible for transportation to and from the site.
International9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State3275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3275 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.