Microbiology - Clinical Microbiology from University of Wisconsin La Crosse offers unique and specialized training in the fight to control infectious disease. In this program, there is considerable focus on diagnostics, but all aspects of human and animal infection by bacterial, viral, fungal and protozoan pathogens are covered. These include the epidemiology of infectious disease, the life cycles and behaviors of infectious agents, and the interactions of infectious agents with the immune system.
- Supervisory positions in medical centers and public health and private reference laboratories
- Research and development positions in academia, government agencies, or industry
- Infection control positions in clinical settings
- Public health and epidemiology
- Marketing and sales in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries, and
- Teaching at community or technical colleges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Virology Laboratory
- Bacterial Physiology
- Symposium in Microbiology
- Advanced Genetics
- Clinical Parasitology
- Laboratory Management
- Medical Mycology
- Molecular Biology
- Communication in the Biological Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics View 135 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
- A Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in microbiology, biology, or a related field with competency in microbiology.
- Graduates with a clinical laboratory science degree from a program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) are also eligible.
- Minimum prerequisites
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.85 on a 4.00 scale, an average of at least 3.00 in the last half of all undergraduate work, or an average of at least 3.00 for no less than 12 semester credits of graduate study at another accredited graduate school.
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Average scores in the 40th percentile or higher are strongly recommended.
- Three current letters of recommendation.
- An application letter
- Academic records
- Course-by-Course Evaluations
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof of funding
- Passport copy
International20038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10019 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20038 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10019 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5025 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for La Crosse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.